Rosa and Samantha Rose, a mother-daughter duo embarking on the journey of life, are the authors behind the Traveling Roses. Below are their Muses guest post on travel essentials:
Going on vacation but are dreading the MUST DO packing task? Fear no more, here are some tricks to help you pack right and pack light whether you are going on a long or short trip.
So here are my tips that will help you master the skill of packing, or in my case the “day before packing saga”.
1. Make a checklist of all the items you need for your trip. Make sure to list the most common forgotten items, like socks, toothpaste, sunscreen, etc.
2. Plan and try on your outfits, this will help ensure you don’t overpack and that you are bringing items you are actually going to use. Always great if you can bring items you can re-wear.
3. Roll don’t fold – lay two or three items on top of one another and roll them up to save space and prevent wrinkles.
4. Keep your shoes seperate. I love the “Shoe Organizer”, it’s perfect as it makes sure my shoes are in place and are not messing up my clothes. I try to simplify how many shoes I bring to help save space. Depending on the trip I usually pack comfy sandals, flip-flops and a pair of sneakers.
5. Take some plastic bags with you to place your dirty items. If you won’t have the chance to do laundry this will help with separating your clean and dirty clothes. (Use a dryer sheet inside your luggage to keep clean clothes smelling fresh).
I always prefer bringing a carry on luggage and one of the biggest challenges is bringing with me all my favorite travel products. Most airlines have restrictions that you can only bring liquids under 3.4 ounces.
To solve this issue:
6. Buy travel size containers for your toiletries and fill them up with some of your favorite products. My favorite product is the portable mini refillable perfume spray bottle that allows me to bring my favorite perfume.
And of course a girl can’t leave home without all her go to makeup items!
“The Lexi” is the perfect case for all my makeup! The inside front flap has a pocket that fits my pallets perfectly. The zipper pockets are connected with a 2 ring system, reminds me of a binder and allows me to remove the pouches for easy access. The back flap has little slots to hold my brushes. Love how organized it keep my face products and makeup.
Let’s not forget to pack our accessories….“The Tiara Mini Jewelry Case” is perfect for all of my jewelry packing needs. The pouches are attached to the bottom of the case so they can’t fall out, but can be removed if needed.
Don’t forget to leave some space for souvenirs!! Now head over to PurseN and use my code “Rosa25” for 25% off your order. Thank you PurseN for sponsoring this post.
They offer a travel case for all your needs. So make sure to take advantage of my coupon code as there is nothing that compares to this product.
So where are you headed on your next adventure?